Wednesday, July 2, 2008

all are asleep, but me and peace is not found yet

Last time I posted was about my daughter, Janessa. She was diagnosed with diabetes almost 5 years ago to the date (July 19). She has come so far since then. I am so proud of the little lady she is becoming. Just recently I received an email telling me about a good deed she did (Thanks Kim!) and it totally made my day. She handles everything dealing with diabetes without complaint and does what she needs to do to take care of herself. She blesses me daily with her strength and endurance, but mostly with her faith in God. To be only 9, she is truly an inspiration and I know she will do great things throughout her life. I am excited to see the plans God has for her and my other children.

We received another letter from Anthony today. It was great to hear from him. He seems really excited about us being able to plan our vacation around his graduation. The kids were disappointed to not get individual letters like last time, but we made a big deal about reading the letter out loud after dinner. We miss him so much and can't wait until Family Day on July 30, because we get to spend the whole day with him before graduation on August 1.

We (I) wanted a beach vacation this year. We decided to go to Hilton Head for 4 days and then head to Fort Jackson for 3 days. We are going to go to Tybee Island to visit the lighthouse and fort. Does anyone know any other great places to visit in that vicinity?

Vernon and Janessa are heading to Six Flags tomorrow. We already made one trip there this summer, but it was with my friend, her kids, me and my kids. Janessa and Vernon want to go and ride all the BIG stuff.

Tonight we went to the Y to go swimming. When we got there, we realized that we didn't have any towels. I claim I handed them off to someone to put in the van, but no one will fess up. Who knows.... I guess I will take the blame =) The kids were so excited to be there that we decide to go ahead and swim and figure something out later. Do you know how hard it is to dry off with paper towels? hahaha But we did it and had a blast. My kids may not remember every time we took them to the pool, but they will remember the day we forgot towels. It was so funny!!!

With getting the letter from Anthony, cleaning out the garage a little bit, catching up with two friends that I hadn't talked to in a while and going swimming at the Y, we had a great day.

I am so excited about Fourth of July. I LOVE FIREWORKS!!!

No comments: