Sunday, July 13, 2008

4th of July

I know it is over a week past 4Th of July, but things have been super busy this past week. I love fireworks, so 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays ranking up there with Christmas, Easter and Halloween. This particular year has been one of my favorites. Ever since moving to this town, we have enjoyed the annual parade and city celebration. This time we went with several other couples from our church and had an absolute blast! We are so lucky to have found friends at church that we enjoy spending time with so much. The kids (all 8 of them!) left the parade with bags of candy, beach balls and all kinds of goodies. We then met at the local football stadium for the city celebration. There were jumpy things and blow-up slides for the kids. We had a picnic dinner and listened to some REALLY loud music. The kids played with the beach balls and a cool frisbee ball thing. James and Vernon even threw the football back and forth for a while. The evening was even complete with watermellon and boiled peanuts which I truly associate with the holiday. We relaxed and watched the amazing display of fireworks and my heart swelled with pride. I am so proud of this country, my son that is at Army boot camp right now, and my whole family in general. What a night! The traffic couldn't even ruin it for me.






No comments: