Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Not so bad!

OK - I just wrote a blog about a lot of things I'm bummed about. Maybe I need to start taking happy pills. hehe

It's so easy to only think about or ponder the bad. I may have had a lot of not so good things happen this weekend, but I've also had some really great moments.

I have been reminded how absolutely awesome my daughter is! She is taking all these changes in her diabetes care with strength and grace that only she possesses. She did 17 blood checks in one day without complaint. She blesses me daily and I am so proud to be her mom.

We had our Diabetes Support Group swim party Saturday. It was so much fun to connect with others that are dealing with the same things you are on a daily basis. I now have renewed energy to do the things needed to care for Janessa. We also are in the process of trying to get her a new pump. This pump can continuously tell us her blood sugar. PLEASE PRAY THAT THIS HAPPENS!

I spent Sunday morning at my favorite place in the whole world - church! I love our church. I love the people I work with in the nursery. I love the music. I love the "preaching" and I love that I can worship with my husband, mom, dad and sister every week. I am so glad God has led us to Southcrest and placed us with people that we have really connected with.

Sunday night we spent some time with Vernon's family. His brother was down from Ohio, so it was really a rare event to have so many family members together at once these days. We were up late talking, laughing and reminiscing. It was lots of fun!

We bought this really cool outdoor game called ladderball. Vernon and Janessa played it before at a Girl Scout Father Daughter event, but it was called Redneck Golf. It is made of PVC and stands 3 tiers high. You toss ropes with rubber balls on either end and try to get them to stay on one of the tiers. How funny is that? So, we all learned how to play Redneck Golf!!! It was lots of fun. Even B could play and actually scored points!

See, I can see the good as well as the bad. God just has to gently remind me to do so sometimes, and I am so thankful He does!

No comments: