Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bummer...

The last week has been slap full of a lot of "bummer" moments.

We have had Callaway Gardens Season Passes for the last three years bought through our Girl Scout Troop. This year they changed a lot of their policies and we longer meet their qualifications. Of course this wasn't figured out until after I had inconvenienced a lot of people and caused myself lots of work and heartache. I just hope I haven't lost friends over this. I sure am going to miss Callaway. We love to camp at Franklin D Roosevelt State Park and spend our days at the Gardens. What a bummer....

One of my best friends just found out her husband is getting this great promotion. Why is this a bummer? Because, now they are moving 2 hours away. Right now they live in the same subdivision. What a bummer..., but we do LOVE to talk on the phone!!!

The wind over the weekend knocked over and broke our basketball goal. What a bummer...

Potty training B is not going very well. All I do is change wet or soiled clothes. What a bummer for me, but I can't let up this time. B will be 4 years old in December!!!

I took J to the Endiocrinologist Friday. It was awful. Her A1C was way too high. Now we are back to the basics. We have to write everything down. I hate weighing and counting, so I had gotten very slack. I thought I was good at guestimating, but obviously not good enough. I will do whatever it takes to take the best care of J as possible, so we are really buckeling down with everything. (This is really hard to write about, because I am so disgusted with myself.) This is more than just a bummer..., but like my husband says, we can not change the past, but we can change what we do in the future.

With all the changes the doctor made on J's basal rates, we have been chasing lows all weekend. She has been as low as 35 and has been really low at least twice a day. What a big bummer...not to mention it makes J just feel yucky. I hope we can get this under control fast.

I haven't been able to get much sleep. I'm having a really hard time just going to sleep. I just lay there and lay there. Insomnia..what a bummer...

Vernon hasn't been feeling well. I can't stand when he's sick. He works so hard and it just seems so unfair that he doesn't feel good. Bummer man!!

No comments: