Tuesday, June 24, 2008

From the beginning....

So this is what I was orignially trying to write in the "about me" section....

Hi! I am first and formost, Tina. Sometimes, I have to remind myself that I do exist outside of being someone's wife or mother...

But I am married to a wonderful husband and the best father in the world. We are actually about to celebrate ten years!!! Vernon works so hard to take care of us, so I can stay home. He loves us with all his heart and I love watching him be a father to our children. He blesses me daily.

Together we have 3 children. We also adopted our nephew as our child two years ago. I will start with him, because I think it is so important that everyone realizes how much he is a part of this family. Anthony is almost 19. He joined the Army during his Senior year of High School and left for Boot Camp 6 days after graduation. We miss him terribly, but are so proud of him. We also have Janessa, our one and only daughter. She is 9 years old and is our beacon of light (especially with all that white-blond hair.) We also have two younger sons. Carson is 4, almost 5 and Brayden is 3. They are only 15 months apart. After Janessa was born, we wanted another baby right away. After 1 miscarriage, I couldn't get pregnant again. After trying two years and finally going on ovulation-type drugs, we had Carson. Boy was he a pray answered. Just a few months later, we found out we were pregnant again. What a pleasant shocker! He is our constant reminder that God is in control of lives, not us and that we work on His time, not ours. And we really prefer it that way. We thought Brayden was the perfect completion of our family, but God had other plans. We usually jokingly tell people that Janessa is our honeymoon baby, Carson is our fertility drugs baby, Brayden is our "God showing us he's in control" baby and Anthony chose us. But really it is all true and we are so very thankful that Anthony did choose us!

Well, I have spent way too much time on the computer this morning and I am going to go play with my kids.

Smiles and Blessings,
Tina

No comments: