Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Brayden officially turns 4!

My sweet baby boy turned 4 today. We celebrated with a joint a party for the boys a while back, but today is the official day.

Brayden completes our family. I'm sure that has been said about a lot of lasts babies, but Brayden really does. We found out I was pregnant when Carson was still a baby. We had worked so hard trying to have another baby after Janessa and following a miscarriage and fertility drugs, we had Carson. What a blessing he is and we thought we were done.

I went to the doctor to get an IUD, because we had decided that I would begin to stay home with Janessa and Carson. I was the insurance carrier, so I wanted to get the IUD (just in case!) before switching insurance companies. The doctor came in and told me I was too late. and it went something like this

Too late for what?
your already pregnant...
Pregnant with what?

We were shocked. Not only did I not think I could get pregnant again without the assistance of fertility drugs, but Carson was less than a year old! The next day we had an ultrasound and found out I was 16 weeks along and it was a boy! Wow, how we instantly fell in love with that little miracle baby on the screen!

I tell people that Janessa is my Honeymoon baby (born 41 weeks after we got married), Carson is my fertility drugs baby and Brayden is my "God reminding me he is in control, not me" baby!

So, my baby turned 4 today. He is officially a pre-schooler. For the first time in years, I don't have a toddler or baby in the house. In ways I am sadden and others I am looking forward to what life holds for our family without the addition of diaper bags. Although, Brayden will always be my baby, just ask him!

Brayden is 100% boy. He keeps me on my toes and entertained all at the same time. He is sweet, loving, adventurous, free-spirited and his laugh is soooo contagious. He has no fear and will try anything from doing something different to trying new foods, but he also loves tradition and routine. He is super sensitive and loves with his whole heart. He is smart and creative and has a great imagination. I love to play with make believe with him. We always go on new and exciting adventures. He is turning into a wonderful young guy whom we are so proud of. Wow, how my heart loves that little guy! The best thing about him though, is his love for Jesus. He loves church and Awana. I love listening to him memorize verses and songs. Well, I will post some pictures soon, but I'm going to go play Hungry Hungry Hippos with my sweet baby right now!

No comments: